Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Refresh and New Powder Coat

It has been six years since I last posted my progress on the Tryke. The truth of the matter is, I never really finished the Tryke. I did repaint it yellow and got it running enough to ride around a bit. I never had the seat re-done and after trying to rebuild the updraft carburetor without much luck, The Tryke sat for a couple years by the side of the house. The paint faded and the metal started to turn brown again. In that amount of time my kids moved on and the prospect of a 50 year old fat guy driving around on a motorized big wheel, well.... you have the picture.

Deb was pressuring me to part ways with the Tryke and I came up with an idea.  The local high school might could use this for a mascot mobile, or even auction it off for the football team during homecoming week.  The Super Tryke had a new purpose!

I pulled it into the garage from it's home on the side of the house.  I tore it down to the bare bones and sent it to the sand blaster. I told them my plans and they gave me a discount.  After the frame was completely clean I took it to my buddy to have it powder coated  and I think it is looking fairly sharp!


That is Burnt Orange which is the high schools color!










No comments:

Post a Comment