Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Looks Are Important Also

When I first built the Tryke the cables, wires, and brake lines all ran from the handle bars under the center tube on the frame and back to the engine compartment.  I thought this distracted from the simplicity and design of the Super Tryke and so I have run all the wires, brake lines, and throttle cable through the frame. Further, I bought after market handle bar mounted controls and ran those wires through the handle bars and terminated them in the head light housing. This cleaned up the whole trike.

The seat cover had long ago rotted away and left just the sun faded plywood and plastic base to ride on. You usually ended the day with at least one sliver in your keester and a heightened awareness of lingering pain while taking a seat anywhere after.  I cut a new plywood board for the base and took the seat down to have some magic worked. I told them a good diamond stitch to keep it retro and orange thread would complete the look. This is what they gave me back!



The trike did not come with the roll bar and looked a little bare with out something. I found some bars off of an old Honda Odyssey. With a bit of fabrication I was able to turn then into a pretty good set. I sent them to the painter and he put a hammered black powder coat on for me.

Fenders and a few other things will complete the project.










No comments:

Post a Comment